Build your UX/UI masterpiece. Then glory in its adoption by millions of drivers across the world. All while working from home. Jackpot.
We are a cutting-edge, all-remote Internet of Things company with multiple product lines and plans for rapid expansion. Our vision is to connect everything you own — your car, your house, your boat, your plane — into a unified ecosystem, the likes of which Alexa can only dream about.
Summary of essential skills and background:
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development
- Bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex systems
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Analyze and develop user profiles with emphasis on user experience, human error control, display issues and visual interaction
- Create, evaluate and modify designs to support evolving web and software application development
- Collaborate with product team and developers to shape the product direction, visuals and user experience
- Present and defend designs to peers and leadership group
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- BA/BS in Design or Human Factors Engineering (graphic, user interaction, visual communications) or comparable professional experience and portfolio
- 3-5 years UI design experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other visual design and wire framing tools
- Experience designing apps for iOS and Android platform that are already published to app stores.
- Experience designing responsive websites using Bootstrap and/or Google Material Design frameworks
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Curiosity and drive to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven
- Ability to analyze problems, explain solutions, and present technical solutions to end-users in a non-technical manner
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Experience working on a team developing enterprise software solutions
- Experience working in a SaaS company
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- 37.5 hour work weeks.
- 24 vacation days.
- 10 sick days.
- All national holidays.
- Flexible hours and timezones (western hemisphere preferred)
- Lots of growth potential and the opportunity to wear lots of different hats.
John, our CEO, is very keen to reward people who join our business early and help it grow. In light of this, this opportunity offers equity only for approximately the first three months and then a full competitive salary thereafter. This is a very typical arrangement in start-up land — earning a percentage of all of the company’s profits in exchange for rolling the dice on a new company. If you’re unable to go without a paycheck for the first 12 weeks of employment, this role will unfortunately not be a good fit.